Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager with Oil & Gas Industry Experience
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Close to Galleria Area, Houston, Texas
Experience Level: Intermediate
Job Role: Sales & Business Development
Industry: Oil & Gas SaaS Sales
Company Size: 15-20
Company Type: Private
We’re on the lookout for a business development manager to join our fast growing team.
This role is hands-on & client-facing, and will offer you the opportunity to be part of the launch of potentially industry disruptive new technology.
You will be working with a small, friendly, close-knit, and dedicated team, so you’ll need to have a can-do attitude – rolling up your sleeves to pitch in where needed, sometimes operating outside traditional role definitions.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Identify and develop new customers and opportunities
- Establish relationships with existing customers and understand client needs
- Work with and manage a team of sales development representatives
- Keep an open dialog with clients to discuss direction of the business and market, customer business drivers, technology needs
- Review product portfolio on a regular basis with appropriate business leaders to ensure optimal positioning
- Manage proposal creation, contract negotiation, and day-to-day customer requests
Finally, at Mi4 we believe diversity drives innovation, and we commit to maintaining an open and creative workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, religion, ethnic background, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and/or disability.
Work Week Break Down
Holiday Entitlement: 10 days
Office Hours: Flexible
Travel Involved: Rare
Remote Working: Flexible
- Paid time off: personal days, sick days, and vacation days
- Flexible working hours
- Telecommuting options
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA retirement plan (like 401K for small businesses)
- Training budget/opportunities
- Conference budget
- Team Social Events
- Free coffee
- Free parking
- Company devices (mobile phone, laptop, etc.)
- Bike Parking
- Gym membership allowance
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Strong initiative and creativity are required. Upstream technical background is strongly preferred.
- 5 – 10 years of related work experience.
- Oil/gas exploration, production, drilling, geophysical, or seismic industry experience
- SaaS Sales experience
- Collaboration and team building skills
- Superior communication skills
- Quickly understand the business & data challenges of client organizations
- Collaborate with clients to gather feedback and understand needs
- Develop positive professional relationships with clients and reflect our commitment to transparency and honesty
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction